Effective Date: February 15, 2022
Introduction-Who We Are
Personal Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect information by which you may be personally identified (“personal information”) when you fill out a form, send us an email, text or other electronic message or when you fill out an application and submit it to us through the Website or via email. This information may include your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, your company or employer, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline. In addition, Company and our service providers may collect information about your usage of the Website, including, without limitation, information about your Internet connection, browser or the equipment you use to access the Website, your IP address or device ID, location and other usage details.
Use of Your Personal Information
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide access to the Website and services on the Website, to fulfill your requests and provide requested information (including, marketing information) or services to you.
We do not use automated decision-making and profiling which produces a legal effect or similarly significantly affects you.
Disclosure of Your Information (Who will Receive Your Personal Information)
We may disclose your personal information:
- With your consent or to fulfill the purpose for which you have provided personal information.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To our member companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- Upon a transfer or sale (or in connection with a potential transfer or sale) to another entity of all or substantially all of our stock or assets in the line of business that this Policy relates or upon any other corporate reorganization.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our member companies, Licensees, or others.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
We will collect and process your personal information on the following legal bases: consent, as necessary to perform a transaction or for purposes which are in our legitimate interests or as required by law.
Transfer of Your Personal Information to the United States:
The Website and our services are based in the United States. If you use the Website outside of the United States, your personal information will be transferred to our United States-based servers for processing. Where consent to international transfer is required by applicable law, by using the Website or otherwise providing the information to us, you consent to having your personal information transferred to and processed in the United States. United States data protection and other relevant laws may not be the same as those in your jurisdiction if you are located outside of the United States. In certain circumstances law enforcement or regulatory agencies, courts or security authorities in the United States may be entitled to access your personal information. When transferring your personal information, we will comply with our legal and regulatory obligations in relation to the personal information, including, but not limited to, any legally required mechanisms for transferring such personal information and putting appropriate safeguards in place to ensure an adequate level of protection for the personal information.
We are committed to keeping the personal information provided to us secure and we will take commercially reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, or alteration. However, no one can guarantee the complete safety of your information.
Changes to the Policy
Please note that we may change this Policy from time to time. Any changes to this Policy will be posted to the Website and/or emailed to the last email address you have given to us and will become effective as of the earlier of the date we post the revised Policy on the Website or send the email. Your continued use of the Website after we make such changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Your Rights with Respect to Your Personal Information
- Accessing, Amending or Deleting your Personal Information. Under the applicable law of your jurisdiction, you may have additional rights with respect to your personal information, including, without limitation, the right to access, rectify, port, delete, remove or restrict processing, or withdraw consent with respect to certain personal information. To exercise such rights please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Personal Information Request”. Where such right is provided by applicable law, you may have a third party make such request on your behalf. Where permitted and/or required by applicable law, we may request certain information to verify your identity or the identity or authority of the party acting on your behalf. If you require additional copies of your personal information (other than as provided under applicable law), we may charge you a reasonable fee. Note that certain personal information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes as soon as practicable.
- Marketing Communications. You can opt out of receiving email newsletters and other marketing communications by following the opt-out/unsubscribe instructions provided to you in those emails.
- Do Not Track. At this time, we do not respond to browser ‘Do Not Track’ signals.
- Shine the Light Privacy Rights. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you first affirmatively agree to that disclosure.
- Not Providing Personal Information. You may choose not to provide personal information to us. However, if you do not provide personal information, parts of the Website and services may not be available to you.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law. However, it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information due to technical constraints, contractual, financial or legal requirements. We may also retain backup information related to your account on our servers for some time after your request for record keeping, fraud detection or to comply with applicable law or our internal security policies.
Other websites and services to that we may link to or through which you access the Website are not owned or controlled by us are not subject to the terms of this Policy. Any visit you make to those other services is at your own risk. These third parties may use their own tracking technologies and their privacy policies will apply to any such interaction you may have with such third party.
The Services are for a general audience and are not targeted to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13 years of age.
To ask questions or comment regarding this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at:
AACS LA c/o VTM Group
Address: 3855 SW 153rd Dr, Beaverton, OR 97003 USA
Telephone: +1 (503) 619-0863
You may also have a right to submit a complaint to a supervisory authority for data protection in the country where you live or work, or where you consider that a breach of data protection has occurred.